April 15, 2011

all in the name of procrastination

Can you believe I started a blog just to let me put off...oh, everything?

So I've been working on starting a vegetable garden this year, you know, in an effort to engage in more wholesome activities. My therapist approves. I want to grow as much as possible from seed because, I don't know, it feels like more of an accomplishment. For the rest, I'll make a trip to the market when it opens. I have tried my hand at growing vegetables before, but, to be honest, with limited success. But I'm trying to cultivate a little patience here, and maybe an attention span longer than that of a gerbil. I have grown herbs before, your standard basil, chives, rosemary, etc., and I think I'm ready step things up.


Here are a couple pictures of last year's herb garden in its infancy.




So, about six weeks ago, I planted some tomatoes, green onions, chives, basil, oregano, spearmint, and rosemary in seedling trays indoors. And barring any major mishaps, in a month or so, I will be out getting dirty in the garden :)

No comments:

Post a Comment